The foods you choose to eat for lunch each day affect your health and wellness. Many of us are busy during the day so we end up eating fast food that are convenient, but are often poor in nutrition. Don’t make the mistake of eating lunches that are high in sodium, fat, and sugar – all which are unhealthy. These tips will ensure you get the most out of lunchtime:
• Substitute white bread for a much healthier multi-grain, high fiber or wheat bread
• Purchase low sodium crackers, chips, pretzels and nuts. Keep them on hand for snacks through out your day
• Limit the amount of processed food that you intake. Avoid frozen microwavable lunches, potato chips and ramen noodles at all costs
• Keep in mind that pre-packaged lunch meats are packed with calories, empty nutrients and way too much sodium. Try deli counter meat as a healthier alternative
• Use reduced-fat or fat-free mayo, salad dressing, cheese, dip and yogurt
• Substitute your usual snack with fruit. Grapes, apples, oranges and melon slices are ideal for people on-the-go. Dry fruits such as apricots, raisins, apple chips, and banana chips are delicious alternatives to unhealthy sweets
Remember to use these lunch suggestions and tips to help get you on track toward a healthier you
Get health tips, recipes and more at yoplait.com/yoplaittoday.
Pastor Of The Month - September 2023
Kirk Franklin Shares Emotional "Father's Day" Documentary; Social Media Responds
Dante Bowe Explains Why He Left Maverick City Music & Switch From Gospel to R&B
One Fam Fest
Get Featured: Submit Your Business Listing Now!
Join The Light Email List Today!
ALERT: UNC Police Gives "All-Clear" After Man Spotted Waving Gun On-Campus
The Temptations Revue Register To Win Live At Koka Booth