Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Tom Perez, chatted with Erica Campbell. He explained how the DNC has invested in the black community lately, citing Doug Jones‘ victory in Alabama, and Keshia Lance-Bottoms‘ mayoral win for Atlanta. Tom talks about the constant battle to preserve the right to vote by combatting Republican voter ID laws.
Tom also sheds light on the battle for gun control and what he has witnessed that makes him convinced that gun control laws are completely necessary. He also explains why we don’t have to choose between gun control and the 2nd amendment, and praises the next generation for the movement they have kicked up around the issue. Check out this exclusive interview to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Discovering Words That Can Be Used Internationally [VIDEO]
- Find Your Unclaimed Money
- “Working Mom Wednesday’s” Breast Cancer & The African American Woman
- YouTube Back Online After Brief Outage
- Early Voting Begins In North Carolina
- Everything You Need to Know About Early Voting
- Syleena Johnson Shares How The Entertainment Business Made Her Develop A Low Self-Esteem In Her New Book “The Weight Is Over” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- [WATCH] A Southern Tradition Gives Back In A Big Way
- Unarmed Black Man Killed By California Police Was A Morehouse Man
- Cops Called On Black Man Doing Something White Soccer Moms Do Freely
Tom Perez On How The DNC Helped Atlanta’s New Mayor Win [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com