A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Free Weekend Community Events
- We Are Wakanda: Angela Bassett & Letitia Wright Are The Women Behind The Throne
- On The Mend! Wendy Williams Gives Health Update After Canceling Shows This Week
- Florida School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Tied To White Supremacist Group
- Viola Davis On Being Called ‘The Black Meryl Streep’: ‘Then Pay Me What I’m Worth!’
- ‘Black Panther’ Movie Review
- True Hollywood Bible Stories: The Wisdom Of King Solomon [EXCLUSIVE]
- Faith Walking: Be A Bolder Christian [EXCLUSIVE]
- It’s A Wrap! McDonald’s Happy Meal Menu Will Not Have Cheeseburgers Anymore
- Trump Administration Sued For Cutting Teen Pregnancy Program That Benefits Black Girls