A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- List Of Billboard Music Award Winners
- At Least 1 Dead In Church Van Crash
- Jerry Smith’s Bible Scripture Of The Day
- American & British Celebs Arrive At The Royal Wedding
- Love Talking: Community Dating (In Honor Of GRIFF) [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Fears Of Lynchings In Atlanta Area After Two People Are Found Hanging From Trees Within Three Weeks
- 10 Looks That Prove Black Women Slay In Headwraps
- Is It An Absolute Necessity To Hire A Makeup Artist For Your Wedding?
- I Married Wealthy And My Wedding Day Was The Most Stressful Part Of My Marriage
- Henderson Authorities Conduct Massive Drug And Gun Bust
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria Johnson1 of 6
2. The Walls Group2 of 6
3. Marvin Sapp3 of 6
4. Tina Campbell4 of 6
5. Anita Wilson5 of 6
6. JJ Hairston6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com