A man tells about the the historic, “Safe Bus” America’s first black-owned company, which his grandfather worked for, while another woman tells us about the 15-year-old who refused to give up her seat on the bus nine months prior to Rose Parks. Then, another caller tells us about Jan Matzeliger, the black man who invented the Lasting Machine. Before he invented it, workers were making shoes entirely by hand.
After his patent was acquired by a major shoe company, machines made up to 700 shoes a day. It opened the shoe-making business to employ tons more workers and supply high-quality, low-cost shoes to people around the world. Click on the audio player to hear more about him this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- [AUDIO] Kirk Franklin Talks About Hosting The 33rd Annual Stellar Awards
- Women’s Empowerment Tickets On Sale Now!
- Free Local Weekend Events
- ‘HTGAWM’ Recap: Michaela Goes Rogue With Devastating Consequences
- ‘Scandal’ Recap: Cyrus Sets His Treacherous Gaze On The Gladiators
- Secure The Bag! Ava DuVernay Tapped To Direct DC Comics Movie ‘The New Gods’
- Snapchat Stock Plummets 5 Percent After Rihanna Blasted Them For Violent Ad
- GRIFF’s Prayer: For Kids That Have Experienced A Momma Melt Down [EXCLUSIVE]
- This Website Is Helping You Look Like A Fashionista For Spring
- Get Up Poll: What Are Your Favorite Phone Apps? [EXCLUSIVE]