Around one million North Carolina students have a day off today as their teachers stage a day long strike in protest of working conditions and pay. Teachers from at least 42 school districts in our state are joining together to demand higher pay and more money for education. As many as 15,000 teachers are expected to march at the state Capitol in Raleigh today. North Carolina is the latest in a string of teacher uprisings across the U.S. this year that have prompted strikes in West Virginia, Oklahoma, Arizona, Kentucky, and Colorado. The main goal of the NOrth Carolina strikes is to increase education funding in the state, which is about $2,400 below the national average, and an increase in pay, which is about $9,000 below the national rate.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text NC to 60796 to join our text club!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘praisecharlotte’
- Pastor Of The Month: May 2023
- NC Political Consultant Dies In Boating Accident
- DOE Debuts New Single ‘Lead Us Again’
- Get Ready And Get Set For Your Amazing Comeback | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Let’s Celebrate The Sacrifice Of Our Ancestors | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Sign Up For Swim Lessons In Wake Forest
- Museum Of History Celebrates NC Poetry
- Splash Pad Opening This Weekend In Fuquay-Varina
- Free OTC Medicine Giveaway In Raleigh June 2nd
- Check Out Da Brat’s Baby Shower
- NC Middle School Receives Criticism For Possible Punishment for School Lunch Debt
North Carolina Teachers Strike Today was originally published on praisecharlotte.com
Pastor Of The Month: May 2023
Sarah Jakes Roberts Goes Viral As She Turns Wig Slip Into Part of Her Sermon
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Announces Pregnancy: “I Am So Excited & Blessed”
Darkness Rising Hosts Block Party for Mental Health Awareness Month
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
What Are The Fastest Growing Churches In The U.S. ?
Longtime Angus Barn Executive Chef, Walter Royal, Passes Away
Get Featured: Submit Your Business Listing Now!