Earlier this week, Isaiah Washington talked to “Get Up! Mornings” about his role in the new TVOne movie, “Behind The Movement.” He plays E.D. Nixon, an instrumental but little-known figure in the Montgomery Bus Boycott. The movie sheds a lot of light on the parts of the Civil Rights movement that we don’t typically hear about, like the two women that refused to give up their seat before Rosa Parks.
GRIFF also shares a bit of black history, about baseball player Leroy Satchel Paige. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Get Up! News Roundup: Bernie Sanders Enters Presidential Race, Fashion Designer Karl Lagerfeld Dies At 85 & More
- Rumors That “Empire” Cuts Jussie Smollett’s Screen Time As Questions Mount
- Steve Harvey On Mo’Nique’s Interview On His Talk Show Wishes He Had Chosen His Words Better
- GRIFF’s Prayer: GRIFF Has A Funny Family [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: What Kind Of Fruit Are You Producing? [VIDEO]
- ‘Empire’ Copyright Infringement Lawsuit Won’t Be Heard By Supreme Court
- VaShawn Mitchell Preps New Album, Drops First Single “God Can Do Anything” [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Heading Back To Japan In July For $10M Fight!!
- Johnston County Man kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- Thieves Steal Equipment From Atlanta Church
Pivotal Civil Rights Figures Who Came Before Rosa Parks [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com