1.What time are polls open Tuesday? 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
2. What times of day can I expect shorter lines? Polls are busiest in the early morning hours, around lunch time and in the evening, according to the State Board of Elections. If you’re able to go while 9-to-5 workers are busy on the job, you’ll probably get to vote faster.
3. How do I find my polling place and a sample ballot?
4. What kind of photo ID should I bring? Poll workers will accept N.C. driver’s licenses or DMV-issued ID cards, veterans ID cards, passports, military ID cards or tribal ID cards.
5. What if my photo ID is expired? Expired IDs are fine if you’re age 70 or older or if you have a North Carolina driver’s license that expired within the past four years. Otherwise, your ID can’t be past its listed expiration date.
6. What if my photo ID doesn’t list my current address? That’s fine, unless you’re using an out-of-state driver’s license or ID card. IDs issued by other states are only allowed for voters who registered within 90 days of the election.
7. What if the name on my ID doesn’t match the name on my voter registration? The names have to be “the same or substantially equivalent,” but the State Board of Elections says that definition includes former names or maiden names, nicknames, initials and variations in spelling.
Text “LIGHT” To 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE The Light On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite artist and celebrity news!