Success is something that many of us strive for in all areas of our life. But success doesn’t come easy, as many of us know, but don’t always internalize. Success, as many people who didn’t always have it know – involves struggle. And although the struggle can definitely get real, we should remember that it serves a purpose. Here are 10 quotes from successful Black women to remind you to keep on.
1. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
2. “I always wanted to be somebody. If I made it, it’s half because I was game enough to take a lot of punishment along the way and half because there were a lot of people who cared enough to help me.” – Althea Gibson
3. You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas. – Shirley Chisholm
4. “Don’t settle for average. Bring your best to the moment. Then, whether it fails or succeeds, at least you know you gave all you had. We need to live the best that’s in us.” -Angela Bassett
5. “You can fall, but you can rise also.” – Angelique Kidjo
6. “The triumph can’t be had without the struggle.” – Wilma Rudolph
7. “Success doesn’t come to you…you go to it.” – Marva Collins
8. “Follow your heart. It will get to you to where you need to be. Sometimes it’s hard, sometimes it’s easy, the places that your heart takes you. But continue to follow it.” -Erykah Badu
9. “God can dream a bigger dream for you than you could ever dream for yourself. Success comes when you surrender to that dream—and let it lead you to the next best place.” -Oprah Winfrey
10. “It’s time for you to move, realizing that the thing you are seeking is also seeking you.” – Iyanla Vanzant
10 Things Successful Black Women Have Said To Remind You Why The Struggles Are Worth It was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Bishop Carlton Peason Passes At 70
Rev. Dr. Charles G. Adams, Revered "Harvard Hooper," Dies at 86
Red Lobster's Shirley Caesar Commercial
Meet October 2023's Pastor of The Month! [VIDEO]
Meet November 2023's Pastor of The Month! [VIDEO]
Melissa Talks With Maurice Lauchner About "Madea Christmas" Version Of "Mary Did You Know"
Koryn Hawthorne, Engaged! Won’t He Do It!
Gospel Singer Bobbi Storm Slammed For Singing on Delta Flight After Grammy Nomination