Moms are rediscovering the benefits of working at home, they are opting out of the rat race to spend more time with their families and take a more proactive part in raising their children.
You need not look beyond your kitchen, bedroom or living room to find the location on which to build your business enterprise. Here are five reasons why it pays to work at home:
1. To gain personal freedom. The most enticing aspect of starting a home business is the opportunity it provides to gain control over your own life. As a home business entrepreneur, you can shape your work life depending on your goals and environment. There are no bosses telling you what to do, no corporate culture to abide by, and no rigid work schedules nor time clocks. Instead, you have the freedom to work and earn as you choose, in the comfort and convenience of your own homes.
2. To reap financial benefits. The financial benefits of working at home are equally attractive. The convenience of having your office a few steps away from your bed allows you to save on commute time, gasoline and transportation expenses. There is also little need to buy power suits and dress up every workday as you can work in your jogging outfit or pajama. Your earning potential is directly proportional to your performance: no more waiting for your boss to give you your raise or promotion before you can increase your income. More importantly, however, a home business allows people who have been frequently shut out of the job market to create new income opportunities.
3. To exploit tax advantages. Using your home as a place of business offers a number of tax advantages. For starters, it allows you to deduct a part of the operating and depreciation expenses on your home. This means that a percentage of your rent or mortgage payment, depreciation, property taxes, insurance, utilities, and expenses for household maintenance, repairs, or improvements are deductible. You can also be entitled to deduct expenses from using a vehicle for your business, including gas, insurance, depreciation, and others. Consult your accountant for a careful evaluation of what can and cannot deducted from using your home office.
4. To be with the family. Many moms opt to start their business from their homes to strengthen family relationships. They can both work and earn, while taking care of their children.
5. To reduce stress. Working at home can reduce the stress of juggling the demands of your work life with those of your private life. You can work while staying at home to care for a sick child, or continue to work late at night after preparing and sharing dinner with the family. Since you work alone, there is no office politics and deadlines imposed by your boss. You only need to follow the deadlines and schedules you have set for yourself.
As more moms recognize the opportunities of making extra income from home, coupled by the need to be independent and the drive to succeed, others will soon join this growing movement.
Bringing Moms Back Home® is the leading work at home business team for moms. We are a group of diverse moms all over the world working together to create financial freedom and a better quality of life for our families.
For more information on how to be a successful work at home mom, CLICK HERE