Ryan Lochte’s robbery story comes back full force as Rio authorities charged him with falsifying a police report on Thursday. According to reports, Lochte will have the opportunity to decide on introducing a defense in Brazil. The International Olympic Committee’s ethics commission will also receive the indictment. Under Brazilian law, the maximum penalty for the charge carries a term of 18 months in prison. Read more.
Reports Allege Al Roker’s Colleagues Were Embarrassed By His Ryan Lochte Comments
Last week, Today show weatherman, Al Roker, made national headlines when he challenged colleague Billy Bush for smoothing over Ryan Lochte‘s false robbery narrative. Page 6 alleges that NBC staff and fellow Today show colleagues were shocked by Roker’s comments and the extent to which he aired out his grievances. An unnamed NBC executive went on record refuting the claim, saying the network couldn’t be happier with the staff at the the Today show, especially during the Rio coverage. Read more.
Martin Lawrence Is Back With New Showtime Comedy Special
Martin Lawrence is back to what he knows best, comedy. On the heels of a national comedy tour, Martin is set to air a new comedy special on Showtime on September 9 at 9 p.m. Martin Lawrence Doin’ Time: Uncut will explore many topics Martin has taken on before, such as love and sex, but will cover new ones including, President Obama and Bill Cosby. “I look forward to having my third concert film premiere on Showtime. Fourteen years is a long time between concert specials and I am excited to know that my TV audience will be able to enjoy this show as if they came to see me live,” Martin said. Read more.
The Rock Tops Forbes’ World’s Highest-Paid Actor’s List
Forbes’ yearly worlds’ highest paid actor list is out and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has a solid spot at number one. The former football player, turned wrestling star, turned media maven, makes a whopping $64.5 million a year, more than doubling his earnings from 2015. Dwayne’s appearances and upfront fees in movie blockbusters like Central Intelligence, Fast 8, and the upcoming Baywatch film helped him rocket to the top of the list. Action flick icon Jackie Chan and Oscar winner Matt Damon follow at number two and three, respectively. Read more.
Prince’s Paisley Park Will Open To The Public In The Fall
Paisley Park, Prince’s home and location where the musical genius created many of his hits, will be open to the public beginning October 6. Tickets are set to go on sale on Friday. Tyka Nelson, Prince’s sister and administer of his estate, announced her excitement, saying public viewings were a part of her brother’s vision. “Most important, the museum will display Prince’s genius, honor his legacy, and carry forward his strong sense of family and community,” Nelson said in a statement. Read more.
Happy Birthday, Prince: 20 Surprising Facts About The Purple One
1. Today Would Have Been Prince's 61st Birthday, We Are Honoring His LifeSource:Getty 1 of 21
2. Prince wrote his first song at age 7. He titled it “Funk Machine.”Source:false 2 of 21
3. As a child, Prince struggled with epilepsySource:Getty 3 of 21
4. Prince once sued Adobe Photoshop to prevent fans from altering his photos. Unfortunately, he lost.Source:false 4 of 21
5. Prince’s favorite meal was spaghetti and orange juice.Source:false 5 of 21
6. The “Purple Rain” soundtrack spent 24 weeks at number one on Billboard.Source:false 6 of 21
7. Michael Jackson’s “Bad” was supposed to be a duet with Prince.Source:false 7 of 21
8. Prince was a devout Jehovah’s Witness.Source:false 8 of 21
9. In 1980, when John Lennon was murdered, Prince was only a few blocks away.Source:false 9 of 21
10. Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks was supposed to write “Purple Rain,” but couldn’t handle the pressure.Source:false 10 of 21
11. Family and friends called Prince “Skipper” as a kid.Source:false 11 of 21
12. In 1984, Prince not only had the number one movie in the country, but also the number one single & album.Source:false 12 of 21
13. Despite his small stature, Prince was a remarkable basketball player.Source:false 13 of 21
14. Prince formed his first band when he was 13 years old.Source:false 14 of 21
15. In 2012, Prince dissed Maroon 5 for covering “Kiss.”Source:false 15 of 21
16. In 2013, Prince performed at “Star Wars” director George Lucas’ wedding.Source:false 16 of 21
17. The movie “Purple Rain” cost $7 million to make and grossed over $69 million.Source:false 17 of 21
18. Prince scrapped his 1987 album “The Black Album” just days before its release.Source:false 18 of 21
19. Prince penned The Bangles’ “Manic Monday” and Chaka Khan’s “I Feel For U.”Source:false 19 of 21
20. Prince’s dad once had a band called Prince Rogers Jazz Trio.Source:false 20 of 21
21. Prince sent Janelle Monae a singing telegram asking for a copy of her “The Electric Lady” album.Source:false 21 of 21
NEWS ROUNDUP: Ryan Lochte Charged In Rio; Al Roker’s Colleagues Embarrassed By Lochte Comments..AND MORE was originally published on newsone.com