CLOSE
hoverboard

Source: Christopher Furlong / Staff / Getty

Due to the intense scrutiny in recent weeks North Carolina University has put a ban on the indoor operation and charging of hoverboards which is an electric scooter in dormitories.

All across the country and locally there have been numerous reports of batteries in the electric scooters exploding or catching on fire while recharging.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has done an investigation and reported that hoverboards are also responsible for dozens of injuries after riders fell or crashed into objects.

SOURCE: wral.com

Text “LIGHT” To 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply

LIKE The Light On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite artist and celebrity news!

Also On The Light 103.9 FM:
Lamplighter Awards 2017! [PHOTOS]
Lamplighter Awards 2017
100 photos
×