Blue Bell ice cream is now available in our local stores. See how you can get a pint of Blue Bell ice cream free.
Listen to the interview:
UNC HOLDS FIRST “PINT FOR A PINT” BLOOD DRIVE: GIVE BLOOD; GET A PINT OF BLUE BELL ICE CREAM
Forget about the standard cookies and juice! Blue Bell Creameries has teamed up with the University of North Carolina’s American Red Cross Club to sponsor UNC’s first-ever “Pint for a Pint” Blood Drive. Everyone who gives a pint of blood will get a pint of Blue Bell Ice Cream. The blood drive will take place on Thursday, March 29, and Friday, March 30, from 11AM to 3:30PM in the Great Hall of the Student Union, at the intersection of South Road and Raleigh Street. The blood drive is also open to donors who are not affiliated with UNC.
The best way to participate and give the gift of life is to make an appointment at unc.givesblood.org. Blood donors must be at least 16 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be generally in good health.
Blue Bell Ice Cream is the number-three selling brand of ice cream in the U.S. although it is only available in 20 states. The company has just entered the Raleigh/Durham area: Blue Bell Ice Cream will be sold in local supermarkets beginning on March 19. Blue Bell Creameries was founded in 1907; the ice cream has been made for over 100 years in the small town of Brenham, Texas, about 70 miles northwest of Houston.
Ice cream is a special reward for a special good deed—giving blood and potentially saving a life!
more on Blue Bell ice cream…..
BLUE BELL ICE CREAM ARRIVES IN RALEIGH/DURHAM
- Monday, March 19, residents of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill will get their first taste of “the best ice cream in the country,” Blue Bell Ice Cream.
- Blue Bell is the number-three selling branded ice cream in the U.S.—despite the fact that it is only sold in 20 states—because the ice cream is so popular in the markets where it is available.
- Blue Bell Creameries, known as “the Little Creamery in Brenham,” to ice cream lovers, was founded in 1907 in Brenham, Texas, a town of 13,000, located 70 miles northwest of Houston in the rolling hills of Central Texas. Blue Bell Ice Cream is still made in Brenham, more than 100 years later.
- Blue Bell has produced many innovative products over the years, including the original “Cookies ‘n Cream,” but the most popular flavor of Blue Bell Ice Cream, year after year, is plain and simple Homemade Vanilla, created in 1969, which, fans say, tastes remarkably like the hand-cranked ice cream folks used to make on the porch during long summer evenings.
- Astronauts have carried Blue Bell Ice Cream into space twice.
- Both Presidents Bush had Blue Bell shipped to the White House and to Kennebunkport. President George W. Bush frequently served Blue Bell to foreign dignitaries at the Crawford Ranch.
- Blue Bell products will be sold in the beginning at Kroger, Lowes Foods and Walmart, and at other chain and independent grocery stores, drugstores and convenience stores.
- Seventeen standard Blue Bell Ice Cream flavors are available year-round. Dozens of other seasonal flavors are rotated in and out of the freezer case for three-month periods, like the current brand new seasonal flavor Strawberry Banana Pound Cake.
- Blue Bell Ice Cream, Light Ice Cream, Sherbet, Frozen Yogurt, No Sugar Added Blue Bell, Blue Bell Frozen Snacks and all other products in a 250-product lineup are distributed directly to supermarkets and food stores in in Blue Bell trucks. No one other than a Blue Bell employee handles the product from the time it is made until you buy it in the supermarket! This is one of the ways that Blue Bell ensures that consumers get the freshest possible ice cream.
- Blue Bell managers are also looking at sites in the Raleigh/Durham area in order to build a distribution facility in the near future.
- (A list of new cities and towns that will now receive Blue Bell for the first time is attached at the end of this news release.)