The beautiful state of North Carolina stays strong to it’s “blue laws”. While Tuesday , Michigan voted to legalize the recreational use of cannabis, Missouri voters decided to legalize the medical use.
Text “K975” To 52140 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
According to Britannica, Blue law, in U.S. history, was a law established to forbid certain nonreligious activities on Sunday. These laws were apparently printed on blue paper as well in New Haven, Connecticut. The blue laws were created to prohibit Sunday activities; such as , working , buying, selling, and traveling, and public entertainment, or sports.
The Internet Reacts To Video Of Malia Obama Smoking Weed
1. Page Six took a page from the classic stoner film “Friday” for their headline.Source: 1 of 7
2. One fan truly sympathized with the first daughter.Source: 2 of 7
3. Twitter did not come to play.Source: 3 of 7
4. Sen. John McCain’s daughter even defended the teen.Source: 4 of 7
5. The universe works in mysterious ways.Source: 5 of 7
6. Fellow stoners wanted to know.Source: 6 of 7
7. Many Malia supporters questioned some media outlets for sharing the story.Source: 7 of 7
As of right now there are 12 states with liquor restrictions under the blue laws; Alabama, Indiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia. Utah, also decided to legalize medical marijuana November 6th.
Recently the “Brunch Bill” passed, which loosens regulations of liquor sells. The law specifies, the sell of alcoholic beverages to 10 a.m. instead of noon, for restaurants and grocery stores as long as local government boards approve the the change. Gov. Roy Cooper signed the bill into law on June 30th , 2017.
So to answer the question: When will North Carolina legalize marijuana?
You’ll be waiting. So, take this poll; it is as close to voting for the idea of legalizing marijuana in North Carolina?
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @hiphopnc
- Rumors That “Empire” Cuts Jussie Smollett’s Screen Time As Questions Mount
- Steve Harvey On Mo’Nique’s Interview On His Talk Show Wishes He Had Chosen His Words Better
- ‘Empire’ Copyright Infringement Lawsuit Won’t Be Heard By Supreme Court
- Johnston County Man kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life