According to NBC4i, charges have been filed in the shooting death of Casey Goodson Jr. by a Franklin County Sheriff’s deputy nearly a year ago.
Jason Meade was indicted Thursday on two charges of murder and one count of reckless homicide. The charges were filed in Franklin County Court.
The death of Goodson, 23, was the first in a series of fatal shootings by law enforcement officers against Black people in the Columbus area — also including Andre’ Hill and Ma’Khia Bryant — that sparked protests around the city.
The charges shed light on what happened on Dec. 4 when Meade, a white deputy, encountered Goodson, and come after months of statements from law enforcement, family members and attorneys that sometimes conflicted with one another.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- VP Harris Announces $32M for NC Small Businesses During Bull City Stop
- Melissa’s Pick Hit Of The Week: Bubby Fann’s “One True Gospel” (Ft. Praise Beyond)
- Saturday’s Mass Assembly At Raleigh’s State Capital
- Melissa’s Grub Plug “Free Whopper Today”
- Missouri GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Exposed As ‘Honorary’ KKK Member
- Radio One Raleigh Raises Major Money For The Kids at St. Jude!
- Senate Democrats Reintroduce John Lewis Voting Rights Act Ahead Of Bloody Sunday Anniversary
- Her Story – Maya Angelou: Rise, and Rise, and Rise Again | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Chrysler Recalls 330K Jeep Grand Cherokees for Steering Issue
- Darlene McCoy and Jonathan McReynolds Talk Saving Lives with St. Jude
Murder charges against Jason Meade filed in death of Casey Goodson Jr. was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
PRAYERS UP! Pastor John P. Kee To Take A Break From Duties To Focus On Health
Hydeia Broadbent, World-Renowned HIV/AIDS Activist, Dies at 39
Pastor Of The Month - February 2024
Meet December 2023's Pastor of The Month! [VIDEO]
Sisters Are Doin’ It! Actress Malinda Williams Launches HBCU Coding Bootcamp For Women
Dante Bowe Explains Why He Left Maverick City Music & Switch From Gospel to R&B
Why Being Friends Helps You Stay Together | Dr. Willie Jolley
Pastor Calls Woman False Prophet In Front Of Congregation, Was He Right Or Wrong?