Last year, signing your kid up for the city of Raleigh’s summer camps online was a pain. The system was overloaded and slow because everyone was trying to sign up at once. Online registration started at 5:30 in the morning. The camps filled up quickly.
This year, the city hopes to make the process easier when registration opens on March 5 and runs until March 8. Sign up this year will be staggered so all of the most popular camps won’t fill up on the first day.
According to WRAL.com:
- Registration will open up at 6:30 a.m., March 5 to March 8. Last year, registration opened up at 5:30 a.m., but, based on feedback from parents, who said that was too early, the city moved it to 6:30 a.m.
- Online registration is your best bet, especially if you’re interested in signing up for popular camps. The only other way to register begins March 26 by physically going to the Recreation Business Office at Jaycee Park, 2401 Wade Ave., Raleigh. By then, some camps will be full.
- Get your RecLink account squared away before March 5. The city’s registration program will require you to have a RecLink account. If you don’t have one or it’s not updated, your registration for camps could be delayed. If you already have one, make sure it’s up to date with your current address, for instance, and the names of any child who you want to sign up for camp. If you’ve never signed up for a Raleigh parks program, it’s likely you don’t have a RecLink account. Now is the time to get all of that figured out. Go to parks.raleighnc.gov, select Register on RecLink and select Create New Account. If you need help, contact the city at 919-996-2153.
- Check out the city’s camp listings now. Beach encourages families take a full look at all of the city’s camp offerings and come up with second and third choices in case their top picks fill up so they are ready with Plan B on registration day. “Now is the time they can go through, browse and start thinking and planning out what they are hoping to register for this year,” she said. “They can start thinking about that now and think about multiple options.”
- You can browse the city’s offerings on the parks department’s website.
- On registration day, be patient. Beach said the site may still be slower than usual, depending on the number of people signing up for camps.Get more info here:
We Are Loving Black-ish Star Marsai Martin's Red Carpet Glow Up
1. Saying HelloSource:Getty 1 of 20
2. Cutie PiesSource:Getty 2 of 20
3. Polka Dot PerfectionSource:Getty 3 of 20
4. Princess StyleSource:Getty 4 of 20
5. Pretty In PinkSource:Getty 5 of 20
6. Curl LoveSource:Getty 6 of 20
7. A Star in De La Renta7 of 20
8. A Sign of What's To Come8 of 20
9. Growing UpSource:Getty 9 of 20
10. Coming In To Her OwnSource:Getty 10 of 20
11. The 2018 Dream TeamSource:Getty 11 of 20
12. A Closer LookSource:Getty 12 of 20
13. What A Winner Looks LikeSource:Getty 13 of 20
14. Top NotchSource:Getty 14 of 20
15. Emerald Evolution15 of 20
16. Emerald Evolution16 of 20
17. A Little Drama17 of 20
18. Slay SeasonSource:Getty 18 of 20
19. A Star is Born19 of 20
20. A Sleek And Chic LookSource:Getty 20 of 20