Your calling transcends your earthly circumstances. Even age is no match for God’s will.
Jekalyn Carr can attest to that. At age 19, she is at the helm of a growing ministry and has amassed more success than adults twice her age.
Despite her achievements, the Stellar Award winning gospel singer remains humble and true to God’s purpose for her life.
You think you know gospel music? Well, how well do you know this teenage powerhouse?
Here are 7 things you never knew about Jekalyn Carr …but should:
1. She is not only a talented singer, but also a gifted preacher.
2. She is from West Memphis. Nope! Not Tennessee…but Arkansas!
3. She’s been singing gospel since she was five years old.
4. She’s a big Kim Burrell fan!
5. She has two siblings: a sister and a brother.
6. She shares a birthday with TV host and actress Sherrie Sheperd, April 22.
7. She had her first Billboard Top 5 single at the tender age of fifteen.
Jekalyn Carr will be performing live at the 2016 Lamplighter Awards. Join us for an inspirational night at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts at 7PM on Nov. 5, 2016. Tickets are on-sale now and are available at the Duke Energy Center box office, all Ticketmaster locations, and at ticketmaster.com.
CLICK HERE and get your tickets now!
Sarah Jakes Roberts Goes Viral As She Turns Wig Slip Into Part of Her Sermon
Erica Campbell Is Pretty In Pink In Her New Video For “Feel Alright (Blessed)”
Meet May 2023's Pastor of The Month!
Kirk Franklin Had an ATL Club Praising The LAWD!
What Are The Fastest Growing Churches In The U.S. ?
Get Featured: Submit Your Business Listing Now!
Pastor Of The Month - March 2023 Presentation
Faithfully Speaking: Celebrating Black Music Month With Pastor Shirley Caesar