Fire! Saturday Samsung Electronics Co Ltd urged users of its Galaxy Note 7 phones to turn in their handsets as soon as possible as part of a recall aimed at limiting the damage caused by the fire-prone devices.
Reports that the phones’ batteries have combusted while charging or in normal use prompted the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to stop using the Note 7 device. Even the airlines have issued bans on using or charging the devices inside planes.
A 6-year-old Brooklyn boy suffered burns when one of the Galaxy smartphones exploded in his hands — and his grandmother says he’s too scared to go near any other devices.
The boy was using the phone at home in East Flatbush Saturday night when it suddenly burst into flames, his grandmother said Sunday.
“The child was watching videos on the phone when the battery exploded,” Linda Lewis said of her grandson.
CLICK HERE to read more.