Critically-acclaimed Christian artist, who was nominated for two gospel Grammy Awards this year, became the unintentional center of a media storm when she left the awards show early on Sunday night.
Social media can be crazy!
Here is what she had to say!
I’ve tried to read all of the comments on my previous post but I can’t respond to them all. Most of you have always been so supportive and encouraging to me & I’m grateful. It does sadden me when people argue, judge and hurl insults at each other from both sides of the fence. I’m not going to engage in arguments, but just have a few things I’d like to say:
- I NEVER said I left during any particular performance. I only said I left early.
- I never pointed out any one particular performance, I only said I had many thoughts about the entire show, which were best left inside my head and that is where they will stay. So those who say I condemned one performance but then condoned others clearly did not read the post.
What I DID say is this:
I am honored to be a part of the Christian music community. I’ve had many people throughout my career ask why I never tried to go in to mainstream music and last night was a beautiful reminder that I love singing about Jesus and FOR Jesus
I’ve judged no one. I hate no one. And I believe that every person has been created in the image of God. I will never stand on a street corner and wave a sign, I won’t use my platform to engage in political arguments that will only divide and not unite. I will continue to pray that my life will be my message. I do have my own personal convictions that I live by, and I will continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling before the Lord. (Philippians 2:12)
I was honored to be nominated for 2 Grammy awards last night. I’m so grateful that NARAS and The Grammys continue to recognize the contribution that gospel and Christian music make to the world. And I’m so thrilled for those who won in my categories. And I can say that with all sincerity.
My last thought:
“I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus for it is the power of God who brings salvation to ALL who believe.”
Well, that clear that all up right?
Gospel, Married Love and Family Take Over The Grammys
1. LL Cool J, wife Simone and daughter Nina1 of 27
2. Amber Rose and husband2 of 27
3. Tasha Cobbs and her Grammy3 of 27
4. Erica Campbell and Daughter Krista4 of 27
5. Chris Tomlin5 of 27
6. Erica and Krista Posing6 of 27
7. Ozzy Osbourne Sharon and Kellie7 of 27
8. Bishop Paul S. Morton8 of 27
9. Percy Badd9 of 27
10. Matt Redman And Chris Tomlin10 of 27
11. Cee Lo Green And Daughter Sierra11 of 27
12. Robun Thicke and Paula Patton12 of 27
13. Beyonce and Jay Z13 of 27
14. Tasha Cobbs14 of 27
15. Gloria and Emilio Estefan15 of 27
16. Pink and- Husband Carey16 of 27
17. Madonna and son David17 of 27
18. Yoko Lennon and Yoko Ono18 of 27
19. Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats19 of 27
20. Zendaya20 of 27
21. Percy Badd21 of 27
22. Tasha Conn in Blue Beauty22 of 27
23. John Legend and Christie23 of 27
24. Miguel and Nazanin24 of 27
25. Deitrick Haddon25 of 27
26. tyr-tribett26 of 27
27. Ron and Kandy Isley27 of 27
Christian Star And GSN Host Natalie Grant Takes To Facebook To Silence Rumors And Critics was originally published on elev8.com