CLOSE
0 reads
Leave a comment

According to authorities, around 1:26 a.m. Tuesday a Christmas tree caught fire in a Durham townhouse.

The Durham fire department was dispatched to 2106 Front Street, due to the Christmas tree causing heavy fire damage to both floors of the two-story townhouse and to the attic.

WRAL reports that the residents said the Christmas tree was on fire, as was the ceiling above the tree and as a result they lost everything to the fire.

A woman in the house was hospitalized for smoke inhalation. The residents are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.

Reports say that the adjacent home also had moderate smoke damage.  Fire officials urge individuals to keep their Christmas trees 3 feet away from any heat sources, including fireplaces, candles, vents and radiators. Individuals should also keep their trees watered.

According to authorities, residents of the home where the fire broke out said their fireplace heater, which was near the tree in the back of the townhouse, was on.

Click here for more information

Text “LIGHT” To 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply

LIKE The Light On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite artist and celebrity news!

Also On The Light 103.9 FM:
Lamplighter Awards 2017! [PHOTOS]
Lamplighter Awards 2017
100 photos
comments – add yours
×