After hours of searching for the fourth construction worker. The body was discovered around 4:15pm.
The following statement was released by the company responsible for the project :
“On January 15, an incident occurred involving a subcontractor working on a construction site for a D R Mozeley project. Our thoughts and prayers are with the workers and their families affected by this incident. The safety of all employees and subcontractors on our construction sites is our highest priority and we are deeply committed to following all industry safety standards. We will be working with the appropriate agencies to identify the cause of this incident. We will provide more information as it becomes available.”
Earlier Wednesday a trench collapsed at 4209 Corners Parkway near TW Alexander and Glenwood Avenue.
Four workers were located in the trench when it collapsed. Three of the workers have been rescued, while one still remains under the debris.
According to ABC 11, The conditions of two of the workers taken to Duke University Hospital are unknown.
More Going On In NC:Follow @hiphopnc
- ‘Insecure’ Actor And Houstonian Kendrick Sampson Hit By Rubber Bullets In Los Angeles During George Floyd Protest
- We Are One: Helping Small Businesses Feed Our Community
- VIDEO: Teargas Used On Thousands of Protesters In Downtown Raleigh
- The Market House Building In Fayetteville Set On Fire [VIDEO]
- J. Cole Attends Fayetteville Protest
- 7 Little Richard Songs That Lead The Way For Rock-N-Roll
- “Dear Black Brotha…” An Open Letter To Black Men In America
- Tamar Braxton Did A Lot Of Self-Reflecting And Is Focused On Changing The Narrative Around Her TV Persona
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Barbers & Stylists [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: 12-Year-Old Keedron Byrant Who Went Viral For Singing “I’m A Young Black Man” Speaks Out