10-year-old Cub Scout Liam Holmes , took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance in Durham, North Carolina ; while attending a City Council meeting.
“What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Holmes told CNN.
View this post on Instagram
This 10-year-old Cub Scout took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance at a city council meeting in Durham, North Carolina, invoking the protest made popular by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. “What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Liam Holmes told CNN affiliate WNCN. (📸: WNCN, father handout)
In the interview they asked Liam’s father about his decision. “When he did it I was really surprised , and also really proud”, Scott Holmes shared.
Veteran, Brandon Laroqoue, said,” I just don’t understand why it has to be during the Pledge of Allegiance”
Liam’s response to the statement that ;some people might like his choice to take a knee, against racial discrimination. He says, “Those people just don’t listen”.
- National Hot Dog Day Deals & Freebies
- THE 2019 “FAMILY IS GOLD” ALLSTATE FAMILY REUNION GETAWAY PROMOTION PRESENTED BY GOLD SERIES®
- “Working Mom Wednesday’s” Balancing Being Woman Boss
- Dwight Howard Says He Feel ‘Free’ After Rumors That He Was Gay
- Heat Advisory Expands To Raleigh
- Trump And Pence Visit NC
- Barack Obama Congratulates Woman He Granted Clemency To After She Made The Dean’s List
- Missy Elliott Sounds Off On Her Legendary Career: “Everything I Spoke, I’ve Done”
- Founder Of Louisiana African-American Museum Found Dead In Trunk Of Car
- NC Women Dies In Skydiving Accident