10-year-old Cub Scout Liam Holmes , took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance in Durham, North Carolina ; while attending a City Council meeting.
“What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Holmes told CNN.
View this post on Instagram
This 10-year-old Cub Scout took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance at a city council meeting in Durham, North Carolina, invoking the protest made popular by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. “What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Liam Holmes told CNN affiliate WNCN. (📸: WNCN, father handout)
In the interview they asked Liam’s father about his decision. “When he did it I was really surprised , and also really proud”, Scott Holmes shared.
Veteran, Brandon Laroqoue, said,” I just don’t understand why it has to be during the Pledge of Allegiance”
Liam’s response to the statement that ;some people might like his choice to take a knee, against racial discrimination. He says, “Those people just don’t listen”.
- Dr. Ian Smith On Keto Diet VS. Intermittent Fasting [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Award-Winning Journalist Ed Gordon Discusses His New Book, ‘Conversations In Black’ [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Join Rickey Smiley And Russ Parr On The UNSUNG Cruise October 11th-18th
- Kim Person Of Raleigh A Stellar Awards Finalist
- Broccoli City Reveals 2020 Festival Lineup and Announces Its Return to the Nation’s Capital
- Marvin Sapp Set to Record 12th Album LIVE February 21st in Fort Worth, Texas
- TYSCOT RECORDS EARNS 12 STELLAR GOSPEL MUSIC AWARD NOMINATIONS
- 35TH ANNIVERSARY STELLAR GOSPEL MUSIC AWARDS NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED
- Portrait Of Famed Judge And Slavemaster Removed From NC Courthouse
- Are NC Teachers Willing To Walkout For Funding In Schools?