10-year-old Cub Scout Liam Holmes , took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance in Durham, North Carolina ; while attending a City Council meeting.
“What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Holmes told CNN.
View this post on Instagram
This 10-year-old Cub Scout took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance at a city council meeting in Durham, North Carolina, invoking the protest made popular by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. “What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Liam Holmes told CNN affiliate WNCN. (📸: WNCN, father handout)
In the interview they asked Liam’s father about his decision. “When he did it I was really surprised , and also really proud”, Scott Holmes shared.
Veteran, Brandon Laroqoue, said,” I just don’t understand why it has to be during the Pledge of Allegiance”
Liam’s response to the statement that ;some people might like his choice to take a knee, against racial discrimination. He says, “Those people just don’t listen”.
- Detroit Filmmaker & Woman Behind Surviving R. Kelly Named To ‘Time’ 100
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Invention That Protects Your Nose During Allergy Season [VIDEO]
- Professor Charged With Arson After Bringing Gasoline And Lighter Fluid Into St. Patrick’s Cathedral [VIDEO]
- 10-Year-Old Dancer Born With Rare Disease Goes Viral For Doing Flips With Her Prosthetic Leg [VIDEO]
- Is Social Media Stalking Detrimental To Our Mental Health?
- TSA Agents Reveal Their Body Scanners Might Be Discriminatory Against Black Women
- For People Asking What Ciara’s Prayer Was To Receive A Rare, Christ-Loving, Black, NFL Star, She Answered
- There’s A 24-Hour Black News Channel Coming Our Way This Fall
- Free Local Happenings & Easter Events
- “Hey Queen!”: Michelle Obama Praises Beyoncé On The Impact Of “Homecoming” [VIDEO]