10-year-old Cub Scout Liam Holmes , took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance in Durham, North Carolina ; while attending a City Council meeting.
“What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Holmes told CNN.
View this post on Instagram
This 10-year-old Cub Scout took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance at a city council meeting in Durham, North Carolina, invoking the protest made popular by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. “What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Liam Holmes told CNN affiliate WNCN. (📸: WNCN, father handout)
In the interview they asked Liam’s father about his decision. “When he did it I was really surprised , and also really proud”, Scott Holmes shared.
Veteran, Brandon Laroqoue, said,” I just don’t understand why it has to be during the Pledge of Allegiance”
Liam’s response to the statement that ;some people might like his choice to take a knee, against racial discrimination. He says, “Those people just don’t listen”.
- Coach Kevin Keatts Signs On For Another Two Years
- OWN ANNOUNCES FIFTH SEASON RENEWAL OF AVA DuVERNAY’S CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED DRAMA “QUEEN SUGAR”
- Legendary Artists Mary Mary and Tye Tribbett Are Among Honorees at Televised Ceremony March 9, 2020 at Heartland, Rockford, IL
- Jakes Divinity School Spotlights Innovative Ministry In Church and Society Jakes Divinity School Opens Enrollment
- Scripture For The Week “Overflowing Hope For Peace”
- White Student In Viral Blackface Photo Attacks People For ‘Blasting’ The Photo
- Don’t Miss The 12th Annual Eastern Carolina BBQ Throw Down In Rocky Mount!
- Meagan Good Reveals She Froze Her Eggs
- Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade Launch T-Shirt Line Supporting The LGBTQ Community
- And The Bride Wore Black…Bridal Designs From Pantora Bridal