10-year-old Cub Scout Liam Holmes , took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance in Durham, North Carolina ; while attending a City Council meeting.
“What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Holmes told CNN.
View this post on Instagram
This 10-year-old Cub Scout took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance at a city council meeting in Durham, North Carolina, invoking the protest made popular by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. “What I did was took a knee against racial discrimination, which is basically when people are mean to other people of different colors,” Liam Holmes told CNN affiliate WNCN. (📸: WNCN, father handout)
In the interview they asked Liam’s father about his decision. “When he did it I was really surprised , and also really proud”, Scott Holmes shared.
Veteran, Brandon Laroqoue, said,” I just don’t understand why it has to be during the Pledge of Allegiance”
Liam’s response to the statement that ;some people might like his choice to take a knee, against racial discrimination. He says, “Those people just don’t listen”.
- List Of Free Community Events
- Bernie Sanders Stops By UNC
- Mr. Griffin: The Spirit & The Flesh Have Funk [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday! Rhea Walls Of The Walls Group Turns 24! [PHOTOS]
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ Producer Hired To Lead Fatih-Based Studio’s TV Division
- GRAMMY® Nominated Artist Jonathan Butler to Release New Holiday Album Christmas Together October 4
- Walmart Is Getting A Fashion Upgrade And Collaborating With Iconic NYC Brand Scoop
- Your Anti-Perspirant Is Not Causing Cancer But Here’s What It Is Doing To Your Body
- Women’s March Did Not Cut Ties With Tamika Mallory. Here’s The Real Story
- Whoopi Goldberg Debuts A Head Full Of White Loccs And She Looks Good!