In 2012, Joshua Rogers became the youngest and first male artist to win on the hit show “Sunday’s Best.” He spoke about how his life changed that year on “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell.” It took him a long time to actually realize that he won, but also received different comments from people about the fact that he won only because he was a guy and not the fact that he was so talented.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Rogers hasn’t released an album in nearly 5 years and is ready to give fans new music. His new single “Pour Your Oil,” is amazing and so many love it. During the interview Rogers mentioned he didn’t realize it’s been that long since he put out music.
With this album “Returning,” it’s all about coming to grips with certain things in his life. He said, “It’s coming from a place of where I’ve been and where I want to go.” Since his last album he’s been on a journey. He’s building a better relationship with God and his family. During the interview Rogers also spoke about how he used to fear singing and recited his favorite Bible verse before every performance. We can’t wait to hear this new album!
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
1. David and Tamela MannSource:Getty 1 of 7
2. Isaac CarreeSource:Getty 2 of 7
3. Todd DulaneySource:Getty 3 of 7
4. Gene MooreSource:Getty 4 of 7
5. Sharon AnnSource:Publicity 5 of 7
6. Candy WestSource:Getty 6 of 7
7. Jermaine DollySource:courtesy of Jermaine Dolly 7 of 7
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lessons We Learned Over The Weekend [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Forgiveness Feels Better [EXCLUSIVE]
- Take Our Music Survey To Win $150.00 And Tickets To The NCCU Gospel Concert Featuring Erica Campbell, Anthony Brown And Group Therapy And NCCU’s Worship And Praise Inspirational Mass Choir
- Andrew Gillum’s Grandmother Leaves Lasting Impression On Him [EXCLUSIVE]
- 5 Takeaways From Andrew Gillum’s Masterful Debate Dismantling Of Ron DeSantis
- Kappa Alpha Psi Hosted The Clemson University Party Where The Floor Collapsed
- Andrew Gillum Won’t Go High If Ron DeSantis Chooses To Go Low In Their Debate
- Police Offer Flimsy Excuse For Cop Caught On Video Punching Unarmed 14-Year-Old Girl During Arrest
- Stacey Abrams Tied In Race For Governor Despite GOP’s Hold On Georgia
- Watch: Malcolm D. Lee Spins Wave Of White Women Calling 911 Into Voter Turnout Message