LeBron James is approaching what he says will be one of his greatest moments in life. His school, I Promise School, will be opening soon in Akron, Ohio. I promise has over 300 students who are considered “at-risk,” just like James was in elementary school. Many times over the years, James has said, “I’m just a kid from Akron” and “I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be a statistic.”
I Promise School opens this fall third and fourth grade classes and will add first and second grade classes next year. By 2022 the school will have first through eighth grades. If they follow the curriculum correctly, James has also arranged for the students to have tuition free college at the University of Akron. How could anyone hate this man? He loves his wife and kids, he loves Jesus and he loves his community.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Robin Roberts Talks “Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts,” Telling Stories Of Women & More
- Pastor Of The Month – March 2023 Presentation
- New Bill Would Prevent Mandatory COVID Vaccines for NC Schools, Government Employees
- Faithfully Speaking with Raleigh City Council Member Stormie Forte
- Tye Tribbett Brings The Gospel To NPR’s Tiny Desk Concerts
- Convicted Murderer Derek Chauvin Admits To Being A Tax Cheat, Pleads Guilty To His Latest Federal Crime
- Raleigh Police Preps for St. Patrick’s Day Crowds
- Sertoma Arts Center In Raleigh Looking For Artists!
- Melissa’s Pick Hit of The Week: “Alright”
- Smart Conversations With Lenovo: Bridgett Rogers & Sandra Clarke
The Moment That Will Be One Of LeBron James’ Greatest [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com
Pastor Of The Month - March 2023
Kirk Franklin Becomes First Artist To Spend 100 Weeks At Number 1 On Songwriters Chart
Bishop Lamor Whitehead Facing Fraud Charges
What Are The Fastest Growing Churches In The U.S. ?
Sertoma Arts Center In Raleigh Looking For Artists!
Get Featured: Submit Your Business Listing Now!
Faithfully Speaking With Pastor Shirley Caesar
Jonathan McReynolds Talks Giving Up The Single Life And Ongoing ‘Feud’ With KevOnStage