Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Cam Newton Shoulder Issues Might’ve Been a Factor in Panthers Loss to Saints
- USPS Gearing Up for Busiest Week of Year
- Statue Of Liberty Climber Patricia Okoumou Is Convicted For Protesting Trump
- Kenneka Jenkins’ Mom Files $50M Lawsuit Against Hotel One Year After She Was Found Dead In Freezer
- Toni Estes Shares Why Every Business Should Have A Social Media Page [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Buying Clothes For A Dog [VIDEO]
- Alfonso Ribeiro Suing Fortnite Creators Over Carlton Dance
- Women’s Empowerment 25th Anniversary Featuring Patti LaBelle
- Global Voter Suppression Efforts Against Black Americans Are Confirmed In New Report
- Serena Williams Wears Cornrows On The Cover Of Teen Vogue And Encourages Readers To Support Black Women
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
1. Don CorneliusSource: 1 of 10
2. Robin WilliamsSource: 2 of 10
3. Lee Thompson YoungSource: 3 of 10
4. Simone BattleSource: 4 of 10
5. Aaron HernandezSource: 5 of 10
6. Chris LightySource: 6 of 10
7. AviciiSource: 7 of 10
8. Alexander McQueenSource: 8 of 10
9. Freddy E.Source: 9 of 10
10. Kate SpadeSource: 10 of 10
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com