South Korea is currently hosting the Winter Olympics and most don’t know that they are one of the “biggest exporters” of the gospel. In an article on CBN a missionary movement helped the spread of Christianity over the last half-century. Jae Kyeong Lee, a leader in the Korea Baptist Convention spoke on the missions and how it all started.
He said, “24 missionaries were officially sent out by the Korean churches in 1974. Their number grew exponentially, and 40 years after Korea sent out its first missionaries, 27,436 Korean missionaries from various denominations were serving in 170 countries.” Christianity has thrived and has made many follow the gospel.
Only one percent of the country’s population was Christian in 1885 and since then the number has grown drastically. Certain areas of South Korea has adopted morning prayer into their day. Although younger people growing up in the area has been turning away from religion it will continue to be on the rise.
- Wake County Educator’s Thanksgiving Tweet Goes Viral
- How To Enjoy The Holiday Without Gaining Weight
- According To Police No Evidence Of Active Shooter At Carrboro Elementary School & Daycare
- Chipotle Yields To Pressure And Offers To Rehire Manager Who Refused To Serve Black Customers
- Jerry Smith’s Bible Scripture Of The Day
- Tauren Wells On How The Inspiration Of “Known” Tells A Story Of How We Can Get Caught Up In Our Image [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Poll: Is It Too Early To Put Up Christmas Decorations
- Maranda Curtis Gives An Early Christmas Gift With New Holiday Album
- Pastor Jamal Bryant Named New Pastor Of Bishop Eddie Long’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- Pastor Jamal Bryant Named New Senior Pastor At New Birth Missionary Baptist
The History Of Black Athletes In The Winter Olympics
1. Black OlympiansSource: 1 of 9
2. Tai Babilonia (Figure Skating)Source: 2 of 9
3. William “Willie” Davenport (Bobsledding)Source: 3 of 9
4. Debi Thomas (Ice Skating)Source: 4 of 9
5. Surya Bonaly (Figure Skating)Source: 5 of 9
6. Vonetta Flowers (Bobsledding)Source: 6 of 9
7. Jarome Iginla (Hockey)Source: 7 of 9
8. Shani Davis (Speedskating)Source: 8 of 9
9. The Women’s US Olympic Bobsled TeamSource: 9 of 9
How South Korea Became One Of The Biggest Exporters Of The Gospel was originally published on getuperica.com