South Korea is currently hosting the Winter Olympics and most don’t know that they are one of the “biggest exporters” of the gospel. In an article on CBN a missionary movement helped the spread of Christianity over the last half-century. Jae Kyeong Lee, a leader in the Korea Baptist Convention spoke on the missions and how it all started.
He said, “24 missionaries were officially sent out by the Korean churches in 1974. Their number grew exponentially, and 40 years after Korea sent out its first missionaries, 27,436 Korean missionaries from various denominations were serving in 170 countries.” Christianity has thrived and has made many follow the gospel.
Only one percent of the country’s population was Christian in 1885 and since then the number has grown drastically. Certain areas of South Korea has adopted morning prayer into their day. Although younger people growing up in the area has been turning away from religion it will continue to be on the rise.
- Obama’s Reading List Includes A Story That Impacts Far Too Many Black Families
- Randy Weston Of Judah Band Shares How God Moved Him While Battling Cancer [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- See Raleigh Man In Viral Video; Charged With Assault
- Funeral Arrangements For Queen Of Soul
- Here’s Everything We Know About Aretha Franklin Tributes And Funeral Arrangements
- Pastor John Gray’s Wife, Aventer Shares How She Told Her Husband Not To Go Meet With Donald Trump [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking Dedicated To Aretha Franklin [EXCLUSIVE]
- “Melissa’s Pick Hit Of The Week” Mondre & Divine
- List Of Free Community Events & School Supply Giveaways
- GRIFF’s Prayer For The Woman That Cried After Dropping Off Her High School Senior [EXCLUSIVE]
The History Of Black Athletes In The Winter Olympics
1. Black Olympians1 of 9
2. Tai Babilonia (Figure Skating)2 of 9
3. William “Willie” Davenport (Bobsledding)3 of 9
4. Debi Thomas (Ice Skating)4 of 9
5. Surya Bonaly (Figure Skating)5 of 9
6. Vonetta Flowers (Bobsledding)6 of 9
7. Jarome Iginla (Hockey)7 of 9
8. Shani Davis (Speedskating)8 of 9
9. The Women’s US Olympic Bobsled Team9 of 9
How South Korea Became One Of The Biggest Exporters Of The Gospel was originally published on getuperica.com