South Korea is currently hosting the Winter Olympics and most don’t know that they are one of the “biggest exporters” of the gospel. In an article on CBN a missionary movement helped the spread of Christianity over the last half-century. Jae Kyeong Lee, a leader in the Korea Baptist Convention spoke on the missions and how it all started.
He said, “24 missionaries were officially sent out by the Korean churches in 1974. Their number grew exponentially, and 40 years after Korea sent out its first missionaries, 27,436 Korean missionaries from various denominations were serving in 170 countries.” Christianity has thrived and has made many follow the gospel.
Only one percent of the country’s population was Christian in 1885 and since then the number has grown drastically. Certain areas of South Korea has adopted morning prayer into their day. Although younger people growing up in the area has been turning away from religion it will continue to be on the rise.
- Who Will Be Atlanta’s Next Mayor? Keisha Lance Bottoms Knows ‘The People It Should Not Be’
- “Working Mom Wednesday’s” Honors National Teacher’s Appreciation Week
- Board Says Facebook And Instagram Can Continue To Ban Trump
- Critical Race Truth: Republicans Keep Trying To Revise America’s Racist History
- Vivica A. Fox: Khloé Kardashian Should Not Be a Doormat for Tristan Thompson
- Get Your COVID Vaccine In Wake County…Now Taking Walk-Ins!
- Cop Fired Over Facebook Post Calling Black Lives Matter Demonstrators ‘Terrorists’
- Woman Being Charged With A Hate Crime Against An Amazon Driver [VIDEO]
- Matt Rhule Recaps An Eventful Draft For The Panthers With Kyle Bailey
- All Cigarettes Matter: Why Ban Just Menthols? Statistics Show 77% Of Black Smokers Prefer Them
The History Of Black Athletes In The Winter Olympics
1. Black OlympiansSource: 1 of 9
2. Tai Babilonia (Figure Skating)Source: 2 of 9
3. William “Willie” Davenport (Bobsledding)Source: 3 of 9
4. Debi Thomas (Ice Skating)Source: 4 of 9
5. Surya Bonaly (Figure Skating)Source: 5 of 9
6. Vonetta Flowers (Bobsledding)Source: 6 of 9
7. Jarome Iginla (Hockey)Source: 7 of 9
8. Shani Davis (Speedskating)Source: 8 of 9
9. The Women’s US Olympic Bobsled TeamSource: 9 of 9
How South Korea Became One Of The Biggest Exporters Of The Gospel was originally published on getuperica.com