Chelsea Haley never thought that when she became a teacher she would adopt one of her students as well as his younger brother. NY Daily News interviewed Haley and she spoke about Jerome Robinson her adoptive son that she used to teach. Robinson had behavioral issues and Haley wanted to quit teaching because of him at one point.
She said, “At certain points, his behavior got so bad. I thought, ‘I can’t do this anymore. I can’t be a teacher.’” Haley met Robinson after being placed at a low-income school through Teach for America. For months she battled with Robinson and later found out there were a lot of things going on at home.
Robinson’s mother was struggling after the death of her husband and daughter. It was time for Haley to move on from that school and in October had a dream that God told her she was going to be Robinson’s mom. The next day Robinson asked could he live with her and she said, “I told him I had been feeling the same thing.”
Haley adopted Robinson and his younger brother in 2015. She said, “I never thought I’d be a single mom at age 24, especially of two boys, one of which was my 12-year-old student. And the other one who was only a year-and-a-half.” Haley and the boys now live in Atlanta where they are doing great. God bless this teacher and those wonderful boys.
- Why Do Black Voters Matter In Georgia? Black Voters Matters’ LaTosha Brown Explains Why
- Santas Just Like Me Is Bringing The Gift Of Diversity To The Christmas Industry
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Happiness Is In Direct Proportion To Gratitude
- LL Cool J Set To Be Honored At 5th Urban One Honors
- Is It Time To Start A Home-Based Business? | Money Monday
- Maxwell Pearce Unveils His First Collection At Art Basel In Miami Beach
- Courvoisier And The National Urban League Launch Holidays In Blossom Campaign
- UPDATE: Suspect Arrested Following Shooting at Lumberton Walmart
- Dr. Tremaine Afetorgbor Explains How To Make Healthy Substitutions During Thanksgiving
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Where Is Your Faith?
Teacher Adopts Student Who Almost Made Her Quit After God Told Her To was originally published on getuperica.com