Chelsea Haley never thought that when she became a teacher she would adopt one of her students as well as his younger brother. NY Daily News interviewed Haley and she spoke about Jerome Robinson her adoptive son that she used to teach. Robinson had behavioral issues and Haley wanted to quit teaching because of him at one point.
She said, “At certain points, his behavior got so bad. I thought, ‘I can’t do this anymore. I can’t be a teacher.’” Haley met Robinson after being placed at a low-income school through Teach for America. For months she battled with Robinson and later found out there were a lot of things going on at home.
Robinson’s mother was struggling after the death of her husband and daughter. It was time for Haley to move on from that school and in October had a dream that God told her she was going to be Robinson’s mom. The next day Robinson asked could he live with her and she said, “I told him I had been feeling the same thing.”
Haley adopted Robinson and his younger brother in 2015. She said, “I never thought I’d be a single mom at age 24, especially of two boys, one of which was my 12-year-old student. And the other one who was only a year-and-a-half.” Haley and the boys now live in Atlanta where they are doing great. God bless this teacher and those wonderful boys.
- Pastor Of The Month – December 2023
- The 12 Days of Christmas (Day 2) – The Gift of Love | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Pastor Marvin Winans’ Long-Stalled Megachurch Construction Could Be Mostly Finished in 2025
- Ellen Holly, Groundbreaking “One Life To Live” Star, Dies at 92
- Local Mother Continues The Vision Of The Bicycle Man
- Self-Hate: Black Man Who Terrorized Haitians ‘Because Of Their National Origin’ Gets 20 Years In Prison
- The 12 Days of Christmas (Day 1) – The Gift of Self-Confidence | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Highlights from The Light’s Visit To Centerwell Garner Station
- Republican ‘Fake Electors’ In Nevada Falsely Pledged Biden’s Electoral Votes To Trump, Indictments Charge
- K975 Is “Blessing The Block” With Ricci Law Firm!
- “Bless The Block” Toy Drive With The Light & Ricci Law Firm!
Teacher Adopts Student Who Almost Made Her Quit After God Told Her To was originally published on getuperica.com
Rev. Dr. Charles G. Adams, Revered "Harvard Hooper," Dies at 86
Pastor Marvin Winans' Long-Stalled Megachurch Construction Could Be Mostly Finished in 2025
Red Lobster's Shirley Caesar Commercial
Meet November 2023's Pastor of The Month! [VIDEO]
Paid HBCU-MIHE Summer Internships Available
Don’t Make Your Guest Sick With Your Thanksgiving Turkey!
For The Culinary Challenged: Restaurants In The Triangle Open On Thanksgiving Day
Pastor Of The Month - December 2023