According to Green, the president obstructed justice when he fired former FBI Director James Comey.
The Houston Democrat issued this statement, via NBC:
“The facts are simple and indisputable. The president fired the FBI director because the director was investigating the president’s campaign connections to Russian interference in the presidential election.”
Back in May, Green was the first to call for Trump’s impeachment from the House floor, which resulted in a backlash of death threats.
The Houston Chronicle said the congressman played voicemail messages at a town hall meeting on May 20 in which one caller said, “You’ll be hanging from a tree.”
Despite the death threats, Green continues to spearhead the impeachment process. Most of his fellow Democrats are not quite there yet.
According to The Atlantic, congressional Democrats are split on talking publicly about the I-word. Party leaders want to wait for all the facts. For now, all eyes are on Comey’s eagerly anticipated congressional testimony, scheduled for Thursday.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Congressman Al Green To Launch Trump Impeachment Process was originally published on newsone.com