Taraji P. Henson dazzled on the red carpet at the 2015 Met Gala in a Balenciaga printed gown designed by Alexander Wang and a sleek, straight hairdo to compliment her look. Motions celebrity hairstylist, Ursula Stephen, created the classic hairstyle that perfectly complimented the elegant pattern and silhouette of the gown.
MUST READ: Red Carpet Rundown: The 2015 Met Gala
“We were inspired by Balenciaga designer, Alexander Wang. He envisioned a sleek, clean and long look to showcase her amazing earrings. I kept it modern by creating a short center part and tucked the hair behind her ears,” she said.
Here’s how you can get the look:
1. Start by prepping hair with the Motions Straight Finish Heat Styled System for a sleek look that won’t harm natural curls.
2. Create a severe center part and tame fly-aways with the Motions Radiating Hair Gloss then divide hair into small sections and flat iron from root to tip.
3. Apply Motions Light Hold Working Spritz to the two front sections, then comb behind the ear and secure underneath with bobby pins.
4. Add Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade to the edges and lengths for extra sheen.
5. Finish with Motions Light Hold Working Spritz once more to secure the look.
GET THE LOOK: Taraji P. Henson’s Sleek, Long Hair at the 2015 Met Gala was originally published on hellobeautiful.com