The Light 103.9 Featured Video

A man is suing the makers of Monster Energy Drink after claiming he found a dead mouse at the bottom of a can of the popular energy drink.

Vitaliy Sulzhik had already drunk over half of the beverage shortly after buying it, only to feel ‘debris’ in his mouth as he finished off the can.

The 19-year-old inspected the bottom of his drink and saw the tip of a mouse tail sitting at the bottom.

Sulzhik has now filed a lawsuit against the makers of the energy drink after saying he ‘vomited everywhere’ as soon as he made the grim discovery in March last year.

The Washington resident says he bought the Monster can from a Fred Meyer U.S. supermarket in Des Moines, Iowa, stating:

I put it down and I felt it was still heavy. So I backwashed it and all this debris went into my mouth.

Then I looked in the can and I saw the tip of the tail and I vomited everywhere. Anytime anyone talks about monster, I just get that sick feeling in my stomach.

All of this occurred over a year ago. Monster disputed the mans claims, so he hired an attorney who sent the can to a Seattle-based forensics company for further testing.

They cut open the can and inspected the dead rodent and conducted a series of forensic tests on behalf of his client, and Monster’s insurance company.

X-rays and autopsies revealed the mouse suffered no trauma from a mouse trap and had not been killed with poison.

There was also no indication that the mouse had been killed then forced through the can’s opening.


Also On The Light 103.9 FM: